- Post 18 March 2013
- By News One
- Hits: 226
UPDATE: 1:10 AM EST: Lil Wayne has been released from Cedars Sinai Medical Center after being admitted for seizures last week and remaining in the Intensive Care Unit for six days, reports All Hip-Hop.
“Wayne is feeling weak but he’s a lot better” says a close source. “He plans on laying low until he makes a full recovery.”
After reportedly being on his deathbed, rapper Lil Wayne‘s condition is said to have “stabilized” at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles, according to TMZ.
Last week, Lil Wayne gave the hip-hop world a scare, after it was reported that he was in the intensive care unit for an overdose he reportedly sustained on Wednesday. As NewsOne previously reported, Lil Wayne was allegedly released from the hospital soon after a seizure on Tuesday; however, the following day, Lil Wayne allegedly went on a “sizzurp binge” and was later found unconscious on the floor.
By Friday, TMZ initially reported that the star was being given his last rites as he lay in an induced coma due to his “uncontrollable shaking,” with TMZ later recanting their “last rites” claim. TMZ insisted, though, that Wayne’s stomach had to be pumped three times while in the intensive care unit (ICU).
Close friends and family to the star immediately lashed out at the entertainment news site, stating that their reports were false. Rappers Baby and Mack Maine promptly tweeted that Lil Wayne was “feeling much better,” and T.I. criticized TMZ for their “false report.” Amid the flurry of tweets, Lil Wayne reportedly tweeted the following:
I’m good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love.
In spite of the backlash, TMZ has stood by their initial report that Wayne was indeed in intensive care due to a codeine overdose and are now saying that Lil Wayne has been moved out of the ICU and in to a “regular room.” The Young Money front man is said to have even been seen walking the halls with his bodyguards.
Lil Wayne is expected to be released from the hospital shortly.